Accounting Coordinator - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Primary Purpose:This entry level position, based in Centralia, Mo, will support the Tax Financial Analyst to ensure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Tax Financial Analyst with ensuring the Company is in compliance of sales and use tax.
Seeking a self-motivated individual with strong initiative and an interest in joining a successful organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter and maintain customers sales and use tax certificates for multiple company codes.
- Assist with SAP conversion projects to ensure the tax system is up to date to avoid invoicing issues.
- Effectively explain documents required for tax to customer service and collection teams.
- Run and review the daily SALR Report for multiple company codes so that invoices which may have been charged tax incorrectly can be corrected prior to month end.
- Review and respond in a timely manner to emails from customer service, the deductions team, and the collections team regarding sales tax questions.
- Assist with indirect audit requests.
- Special Projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.