People Analytics (HR) Intern (Summer 2024) - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
As a People Analytics (HR) Intern, you will learn how to be a consultant to key internal stakeholders by building analysis, uncovering illuminating insights, and telling “the story” that will allow our leaders to make data-driven decisions. In addition to that, you will also contribute to the creation of critical dashboards and analysis in PowerBI. As the world of People Analytics is constantly evolving, you may also perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help you build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze almost all aspects of workforce data
- Automating manual processes
- Write & run reports in our Headcount Management Software (HRIS) SuccessFactors
- Design & build analysis & dashboards
- Participate in the data management process
- Work closely with key internal clients to proactively support them
- Other duties as assigned
Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Statistics, Analytics, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Mathematics, or another related field
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired
- Microsoft Excel: Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of charts and tables
- Microsoft Word: Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables and other visuals
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts, tables and visuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- SQL Experience Preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.