Applications Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
The Applications Engineer for the Switching/Fusing business unit will support customers, customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining their efforts in promoting/selling products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support of High Voltage Switches used in Substation, Transmission, and Distribution applications.
- Prepare pricing and technical data for quotations.
- Provide liaison and coordination between engineering, manufacturing, and sale.
- Provide technical support for questions pertaining to assigned products to end users, channel partners, sales, and customer service for domestic and international markets.
- Assist engineering with design and testing of products.
- Providing pricing, class code, and product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations
- Provide training and select technical information
- Review orders for accurate application of products, price, and delivery
- Review quotations for order terms and conditions of sale
- Resolve product returns; i.e., request credit/debits, write evaluations on damaged return material
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Review customer product specifications and maintain up-to-date file in customer files
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate detailed technical information to an audience with various levels of technical understanding.
- Proficient in MS Office software, specifically Excel
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.