Copper Winder 1st Shift- $18.00 per hour
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrew's Way
Cuba, MO 65453
This position includes operating a winding machine or using hand application, to apply copper winding and layer insulation to the cores according to the production specification sheets. Must be able to inspect and verify proper material usage and dimension requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure that all products meet the highest standard of quality
- Follow all safety rules and ISO requirements
- Must be able to set up winding machine, understand settings & functions, and ensure machine is running properly to avoid unnecessary down time
- Know the difference and be able to identify magnet wire types as well as imperfections and crossed wires
- Ensure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards
- Must have an understanding of measurements using standard and metric measuring devices
- Have the ability to operate a hoist properly and safely
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Read, use, and understand measuring devices
- Have the ability to stand for extensive periods of time
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethicMust be able to work well with others and foster teamwork
- Must be motivated and be able to work independently
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.