SMT Machine Operator
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Perform various operations and set-ups on the SMT machine for different types of circuit boards, with parts required in higher level products to meet engineering specifications in a safe, efficient manner. Assemble quality products in the PCB department in an expedient manner, under minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operate all surface mount equipment.
- Must have 1-2 years' experience operating a pick and place machine for circuit boards
- Must have experience working with circuit boards
- Must have soldering experience
- Inspect boards using mantis
- Inspect solder paste using camera
- Produce printed circuit boards to standard of quality
- Perform daily cleaning
- Repair or rework boards as necessary
Complete required paperwork accurately (ex: control sheet, scrap/shortage sheet)
Inform group leader or supervisor of problems that may arise
Perform all job duties of an Assembler III with special emphasis on board building
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years' experience operating a pick and place machine for circuit boards required
- Experience working with circuit boards required
- Soldering experience required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires good hand and eye coordination, finger dexterity, mobility
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.