Commodity Specialist - South Bend, IN
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
South Bend, IN
As a Commodity Specialist, you will be responsible for the overall operating performance of the supply base within categories relative to cost, quality, and delivery. You will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing within our division. You'll identify key areas of risk and opportunity, identify the right suppliers, and build consensus cross functionally to qualify those suppliers. You will manage and maintain long-term supplier relationships to ensure business goals are achieved. You'll support the development, implementation, and management of global strategies to provide Hubbell with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and drive procurement of material and services in alignment with business leadership for your assigned commodity
- Driving competitive commodity supply strategies to achieve lowest total cost
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements, and competitive landscape relative to the commodity
- Lead robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Lead quarterly executive business reviews presenting strategic sourcing plans that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, SWOT analysis, and strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier on-boarding, including but not limited to qualification, capacity planning, assurance of supply, and execution to project timelines/schedules
- Drive supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, and favorable payment terms
- Collaborate with supply chain teams locally and abroad to ensure product availability by means of capacity analysis, at vendor capacity allocation and management.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 2-3 years of direct experience in strategic sourcing or supply chain experience
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities
- Must possess and exhibit good communication
- High motivation and results-oriented work ethic
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.