2nd shift - Heavy Assembler
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position is a broad-based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble & test units as per work instructions or customers specific requests
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from management, leads and customer requests.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide support and training to other employees in assigned work areas.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Basic High school education or General Education Diploma (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and the multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self-motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to use the tools required (gages, guns and pumps).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment, i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Ability to operate and overhead crane and forklift
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Stand and or sit on stool in one area for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Turn and assemble production parts with fingers and hands for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.