Associate Design Engineer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
- Support world-wide business development and growth through application engineering services for Civil and Utility helical & resistance products.
- Support product line maintenance (PLM) for Construction and Civil Business Units through product line extension, cost-out through design-for-manufacturing, quality assurance, production drawing, and reviewing existing product lines within Civil/Utility markets.
- Support development of new helical pile foundation and anchor products for Construction and Civil Business Units via ETO and NPD systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product testing – lab and field
- Process ECs (engineering changes)
- 2-D and 3D Drawing tasks
- Proficient user in Vault, SAP, Inventor, AutoCAD
- Deviations, first-article inspections
- Train co-op students as they cycle through
- Product line maintenance of Civil/Utility helical products.
- Oversee assembly and tests of engineering prototypes.
- Communicate with vendors and customers to obtain information and provide assistance.
- Product line extension of existing Product lines to drive overall improvement based on VOC as well as internal feedback.
- Provide recommendations on the application of helical pile foundation and anchor products using generally accepted engineering methods.
- Assist in the research & development of new helical pile foundation and anchor products based on marketing specifications via the Hubbell NPD system. Typical work required includes detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provide training and select technical information to HPS customer service representatives, field representatives, agents and directly to customers when necessary.
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific project such as software development, MCTO, ECTO, preparation of technical manuals, or field research program.
- Provide support for other engineering activities as required.
Skills and Experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to communicate technical requirements to both technical and nontechnical audiences both virtual and in-person; ability to be present on project and test sites as required; ability to work on a PC or other related equipment as required.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering
Experience with 2D & 3D CAD
Understanding of reading and interpreting drawings
Proficient in MS Office applications
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 15%-30%
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
Shared/recommended decisions concerning product conformance to specifications.
Shared/recommended decisions concerning application of products per customer requests.
Assist determining project schedules and budgets.
Work to achieve compliance to regulatory standards/specifications as applicable.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.