Director of Business Development - Oil & Gas
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Director of Business Development (Oil and Gas) is responsible for supporting and growing sales and profits for the related market channels, provide marketing input and promote product line growth principally through the creative use of both existing and new products, supported by educational background, industry experience, and contact with customers and prospects. The individual must possess a unique blend of business and technical knowledge, a big picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Additionally, the individual must manage several projects across multiple HES & HUS business units and functional departments needed. The individual must understand customer problems, solution attributes and identify innovative product and/or service solutions to assist the broader market. The Individual will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for assigned products, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers to promote Hubbell and its associated product solutions. The individual must work cross functionally with other Hubbell groups and business units to drive alignment and execution to strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting and growing sales of assigned house accounts, customer presentations, demonstrations.
Responsible for recommending product line strategies for Oil and Gas applications across Hubbell groups and business units.
- As required, attend sales meetings and visit customers and end-users; conducting product training presentations and research.
- Attending sales meetings and visit customers and end-users: conducting product training presentations and research.
- Assists in the development of supporting new product launch material with Marketing and Marketing Communication Managers.
- Responsible for providing an exemplary level of support to the sales organization and customers on product (technical and application questions).
- Accomplishing sales objectives by recruiting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned verticals; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or business field is preferred, along with a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Oil and Gas industry and technologies, methods, and standards, applications, related products and channels of distribution within the Oil and Gas Market.
- Preferable experience in the Oil and Gas industry, related design and engineering processes and market
- Applications Understanding standards and codes
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, creative skills and possess acumen in executing business decisions.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills needed to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to organize and manage “ad-hoc” teams to support the development of business opportunities.
- Must apply critical thinking skills to determine best approach to bring new products to market and to work with engineering, operations and marketing and sales staffs.
- Capable of occasional travel to attend meetings or visit customers.
- Strong mathematic, analytical and computer skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales processes
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Analytical skills required
- Ability to travel 40-60%
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.