Sales Training Manager
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The primary role of the Manager, Training Programs is to develop and implement a comprehensive plan for commercial and technical training programs for external and internal audiences. The comprehensive training program includes live training (classroom and hands-on application) and virtual training (online) covering all HES products and served markets. The Manager, Training Programs will be responsible for developing the necessary processes to effectively execute all training sessions and projects on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Create, implement, and maintain overall strategic direction for HES’ commercial and technical training, targeting our end user customers, distributors, and HES Sales and Customer Service personnel.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive curriculum-based program for product training.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to develop content and ensure effective, up-to-date content.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Create and manage an eLearning web-based delivery of our training content including interactive multi-media training applications and learning programs.
- Coordinate and maintain the company’s eLearning intranet and Web site (LMS).
- Manage the training execution process from concept to fulfillment.
- Develop & deploy testing feedback and evaluation procedures to gather customer feedback and identify potential enhancements, to the content and learning outcomes of e-learning modules in order to improve effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Create and coordinate the rollout of training programs, using industry best practices and appropriate mediums, to maximize the learning experience in the most effective and efficient means possible.
- Conduct ongoing training capability assessment and gap analysis.
- Implement metrics and analyze performance to determine ongoing effectiveness of training platform.
- Determine budgetary, system, and technical requirements to support training and development efforts.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in either Business, Marketing, Economics, or Engineering
- Experience in the electric industry
- 10+ years professional experience in sales, marketing, customer service, or training
- 3+ years’ experience with technical and/or commercial training program management
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and managing multiple projects.
- Proficient with PC software (Microsoft Office) and website/mobile/social media tools & applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through and attention to detail
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.