Sales Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the HES C&I Sales Organization leadership team in market-based reporting, forecasting, business analytics, business planning, performance analysis, market intelligence and salesforce effectiveness. The individual will manage multiple strategic initiatives focused on optimized internal business processes including reporting and forecasting; helping to maintain and grow market position; and drive continuous improvement in Commercial Excellence platforms. This role will report to the VP, Commercial Excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly reporting process
- Monthly forecasting process
- Monthly market performance analytics
- Monthly C&I sales, rep agency and distributor dashboards for regular tracking of key metrics
- Support vertical market and contractor team pilots with data analysis to identify opportunities
- Develop macro trends by market, geography, application, etc.
- End market analysis to support overall business objectives
- Identifying micro level trend interactions within regions (i.e. – project wins, NPD feedback, distributor alignment shifts)
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis in development of new potential markets
- Support strategic planning efforts, quota setting process, and business development opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, finance, or marketing
- Minimum of three years with CRM systems (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Minimum of three years of data analysis and systems experience
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- MBA is a plus
- Travel as required up to 20%
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.