District Sales Manager-Denver
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The District Sales Manager oversees and directs the Field Sales activities of Territory Managers. This position is responsible for achieving sales quotas for the regional as well as in all assigned territories. The District Sales Manager is responsible for the training and performance appraisal of the salespeople within the region. The District Sales Manager directly implements sales/marketing programs that can be utilized throughout the entire region. In this position, implementing long- and short-term goals, personnel deployment, succession planning, training, and improving “Go to Market” strategies are critical components supporting the success of the region
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hires and trains Territory Managers/Agents.
- Develops and conducts instructional sessions with sales trainees and all field sales reps.
- Supervises Territory Managers records and report requirements.
- Provides quarterly reports to the Regional Vice President on the key elements of the District.
- Conducts performance appraisal reviews annually for Territory Managers within the District.
- Directs Territory Managers on new product and policy developments.
- Directs Territory Managers in areas of divisional sales, promotional programs and the use of selling aids.
- Develops district strategies and coordinates the activities of Territory Managers to obtain maximum sales effort.
- Consults with Regional Vice President on sales problems and the performance of Territory Managers within the District jurisdiction.
- Collaborates with the Regional Vice President in preparation of annual sales plans, marketing strategies, promotional programs, forecasts and budgets for the district.
- Establishes relationships with key distributor management personnel and all major end users within the district.
- Analyzes territory boundaries and territory manager responsibilities annually making appropriate adjustment recommendations to the Regional Vice President in order to enhance the long term strategy of the company.
- Conducts annual distributor training schools.
- Conducts District planning and training meetings.
- Prepares and develops Territory Managers for future career opportunities in National Accounts, Product Management or District Management.
- Analyzes Distribution coverage annually and makes recommendations to the Regional Vice President on adding, removing or aligning with specific distribution.
- Oversees and manages CRM system.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or 10+ years industry experience.
- Industry experience preferred.
- At least five to seven years sales experience.
- Knowledge of end user, contractor, specification influences and how they affect the construction and purchasing cycles.
- Leadership skills obtained will help unified goals while managing varying selling styles.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales processes
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Analytical skills required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.