NPD Project Manager Associate
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Strategic Business Unit Overview
The Light Industrial SBU focuses on products to support: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Harsh & Hazardous, andDistribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, datacenter, telecom, utility, extreme environment, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success notonly depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge, and expertise of our employees.
Leads, coordinates with, and directs New Product Development (NPD) project team members. Plans, schedules, executes, monitors and controls, ands closes out projects efficiently and in accordance with key deliverables. Works to keep projects on time and budget. Performs project management and administrative tasks to ensure data integrity. Communicate with stakeholders, team members, and sales representatives to make key project decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Light Industrial product leaders to understand portfolio of NPD opportunities along with priority and timing appropriateness to identify projects to lead through the development process.
- Assemble and lead project teams, hold regular meetings to gather information and updates on project tasks. Create team synergy and drive project execution.
- Create long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, and adhering to project deadlines.
- Delegate tasks on the project to team members best positioned to complete them.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Communicate project updates regularly with executives and other major project stakeholders. Maintain project alignment with overarching strategy and company goals.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Work with the project team to identify and mitigate potential project risks.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change and communicate those changes effectively.
- Reflect schedule, forecast, and financing changes within NPD software to ensure single source of truth and validity of NPD data.
- Review past successes, failures, and lessons learned during projects to improve future project management approach.
- Bachelor's degree preferred from a four-year college or university.
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- MS Project or other related project management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- CAPM Preferred
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.