Research Technician II
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through dedicated service, locally proven canola, carinata, sorghum and sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. This is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart. Over 300 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Established in Australia in 2006, Nuseed has grown to offer industry leading germplasm, advanced molecular capabilities, regional R&D and commercial teams in Australia, Europe, North America and South America, and sales in more than 30 countries. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Nuseed has an exciting opportunity for a Research Laboratory Technician II. Based in our state-of-the-art innovation center in West Sacramento. This role will assist senior scientists in developing and employing molecular tools to support breeding and seed production for Nuseed’s core crops Sunflower, Canola, Carinata and Sorghum. This position helps plan and execute molecular assay development, validation, and sample testing activities. This role will be responsible for performing laboratory tests according to protocols including the ability to perform molecular techniques such as DNA isolation, PCR and RT-PCR. Keep clear and accurate records, process, and report test results, and write project reports.
Reach your potential:
- Conduct high-throughput DNA extraction and genotyping
- Perform and document all required QA/QC procedures in accordance with company SOPs
- Analyse data and report results
- Keep accurate record in LIMS and lab notebook
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance (routine and non-routine) on laboratory equipment
- Become aware of supplies usage and notify supervisor when adequate supplies are not available
- Maintain proper housekeeping in the laboratory (cleaning and sanitizing workspaces, consumables inventory, etc)
- Read and understand Safety Datasheets (SDS)
- Process oversight while ensuring PCR samples are analyzed according to the published SOPs and protocols
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Plant Biology, Plant Genetics and Breeding, Biotechnology, or a related field? Have you conducted experiments independently and as part of a team? Are you self-motivated and detail oriented, with great communication, organizational and project management skills?
If this is you. Apply online today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nuseed employees.