Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking for a HSE Coordinator to support the day-to-day HSE operations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and company requirements, delivering training, and supporting the manufacturing and Warehousing activities.
What will you be doing?
- Ensures Nufarm’s compliance to applicable HSE and Nufarm company requirements including, but not limited to:
- Compliance recordkeeping and reporting.
- Records data and compiles into statistical analyses reports.
- Operates and maintains equipment. Performs laboratory techniques to collect, test, package, store, transport and/or dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and/or waste. Conducts test procedures on sample materials.
- Serves as a source of information on health and safety rules and regulations. May prepare and present instructional materials and safety manuals.
- Maintains facilities and equipment inventory.
- May distribute and post health and safety regulations.
- May assist in spill clean-up as needed.
- Performs additional functions incidental to health and safety activities.
- Perform job hazard analysis to identify hazards within the workplace. Stop any operations if the health, safety, or environmental risks are unacceptable.
- Coach and guide employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Incident / Accident Investigation & Reporting: Support investigate incidents involving company property, employees, or temporary employees. Assist in prepare documentation to ensure an adequate investigation and preservation of evidence is completed.
- Procedure management (creating, reviewing, updating, and auditing), such as but not limited to: Permit to Work, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Process Safety Management, Personal Protective Equipment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Emergency Action Plans, Confined Space Program, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Electrical Safety, Fire Prevention Plans.
- HSE Training, to include content development, coordination, delivery, and maintenance of records
- Lead the HSE committees at the manufacturing facilities in Alsip and Chicago Heights
- Ability to implement the principles and practices of occupational safety and health including industrial hygiene and environmental protection programs
- Supports site management to further HSE goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by the HSE Leader, North America
What do you bring?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment leading HSE compliance and programs. The right candidate will have experience in dealing with safety, environmental and regulatory matters. As well as the ability to lead and motivate others.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.