Director, Health Safety and Environmental NA
Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip & Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking for a HSE Director who will be leading the overall HSE programs for Nufarm North Americas. With a strong emphasis on manufacturing, the HSE manager will also engage all other departments across the company (sales, finance, etc) to drive a culture of zero harm and proactive incident avoidance.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and sustain the license to operations to all Nufarm manufacturing facilities through a robust compliance/requirement management process.
- Actively involved in the ISO14000 certification process for the region and lead all personal and process safety programs.
- Be a culture change leader to continuously improve our company performance in the areas for environmental, health and safety.
- Possess a strong capacity to lead by influence and interpersonal effectiveness skills to drive HSE leadership at all levels in the company.
- Maintain and lead the regional adherence Nufarm internal audit programs and timely conclusion on identified actions. Support capex investment projects to ensure a safe design and construction.
- Maintain and lead the regional adherence Nufarm internal audit programs and timely conclusion on identified actions.
- Ensure site air permits, operating permits and all required compliance programs are up to date, accurate and managed efficiently.
- Drive sustainability initiatives (recycling, water conservation, solar and wind alternatives). Actively involved in the ISO1400o certification process.
- Ensure we have a robust occupational health and industrial hygiene program aligned to correlated areas.
- Lead corporate risk management reviews, maintain audit results and lead the execution of corrective and preventative actions; partner with executives and managers to identify ways to lower or eliminate risk in areas across the business.
- Identify gaps in programs relative to the OSHA standard and correct; drive MOC, PHA and other elements of PSM to exceed compliance standards and embed PSM into the culture of the business according to Nufarm global requirements.
- Provide direct leadership support to the HSE Supervisor; lead teams across the company indirectly and be seen as a key resource for HSE needs.
- Bachelor Engineering, Safety or Safety and Environmental related.
- 15+ years’ experience leading HSE programs and development.
- 5+ years of people management.
What do you bring?
- You hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree, Safety or Safety and Environmental related or 15+ years of experience leading HSE programs and development and 5+ years of people management. The right candidate will also have experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques and facilitation such as Apollo Methodology.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.