Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking for a Process Engineer to work closely with the Operations Manager to drive process optimization and improvement for formulation and associated units in the production plant. The position will lead or support continuous improvement projects to drive safety, quality, efficiency, cost, new product introduction, and new equipment design and commissioning in the plant.
What will you be doing?
- Identify, lead, or support projects that optimize performance metrics and achieve plant goals.
- These may include work-process design and implementation, equipment procurement and implementation, software implementation, training, SOP development.
- Provide a weekly report on spend, burnrate, and projected spend, gather invoices and follow-up with any issues.
- Support introduction of new or modified products to assigned process units. Participate in transfer-to-manufacturing process.
- Develop to be a subject matter expert for assigned areas, including formulation vessels, and eventually, expand to other plants.
- Responsibilities will include assessment of performance of the process units (yield, throughput, quality), investigation and corrective actions for quality and safety incidents, and conformance to Nufarm safety and quality standards.
- Opportunities to lead or mentor engineering co-ops or interns.
- Work with HSE personnel to ensure and support appropriate procedures, training, tools, incident investigations, and metrics are in place to conform to Nufarm standards for assigned units. Support waste reduction.
What do you bring?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or 5-15 years of manufacturing/process/quality engineering experience. The right candidate will have experience with chemical processing equipment. As well as the ability to identify, drive, and implement key process and equipment improvements working with plant management, quality, safety, supervisors, maintenance, engineering, operators, etc. Along with the ability to identify root cause and corrective actions, troubleshoot issues, and implement process improvements
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.