Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL, Nufarm is looking for a Production Coordinator reporting to the Plant Operations Manager. This role will oversee the work activities around scheduling and production at the Chicago Heights Plant, ensuring that these schedules are met and shipments to customers are completed on time. Also included will be working with planning, purchasing, production, maintenance, and warehousing to expedite product through the manufacturing organization.
What will you be doing?
- Work with other managers to address production issues that may arise during the manufacturing process.
- Coordinate communication with suppliers and procurement regarding changes in materials or equipment needed to support production needs
- Review production schedules to ensure that all tasks are completed on time
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure that materials are available to meet production requirements
- Coordinate with staff to schedule plant maintenance activities such as equipment repairs or installations of new machinery
- Support team to ensure that all safety requirements are met in all manufacturing processes
- Review process/batch orders to ensure that all manufacturing processes are completed correctly
- Establish relationships with vendors to ensure that materials are available when needed
What do you bring?
You hold a bachelor’s degree in business, industrial engineering, or related field. You have a minimum of 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing/process/quality engineering. The right candidate will have experience with chemical processing equipment. Are you able to understand planning and scheduling activities in a production environment? We need someone that is able to identify root cause and corrective actions, troubleshoot issues, and implement process improvements. Do you exhibit personal energy in responding to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing organization? Are you disciplined, focused, resilient, entrepreneurial, and collaborative? Nufarm is looking for someone that is a team player, utilizes an inclusive style with strong technical report writing and oral communication skills. Experience in batch chemical manufacturing environment is a plus. Six Sigma green belt is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.