Regional Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL, Nufarm is looking for a Regional Occupational Health, Safety and Industrial Hygiene Specialist reporting to our Director, Health Safety and Environmental NA. This role will collect data and analyse many types of work environments including work procedures. Specialists inspect workplaces for adherence to regulations on safety, health and the environment. They will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. They will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of occupational health developments, lead biological monitoring programs, effect corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Inspect, test and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure that they follow safety standards and government regulations
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions
- Educate managers and workers about workplace safety by preparing and providing training programs
- Create and execute studies to monitor and assess employees’ exposure to health risks and to measure the effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures.
- Oversee biological monitoring programs
- Propose and lead the implementation of programs to protect employee health and implementing ergonomics
- Conduct regular audits of programs
- Implement corrective actions and suspending operations if required
- Advise various parties on workers’ compensation claims pertaining to workplace exposures
- Maintain current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation
- Examine the workplace for environmental or physical factors that could affect employee health, safety, comfort and performance; lighting, equipment, materials, ventilation
- Develop and conduct employee safety and training programs.
- Learn about specific laws and inspection procedures and learn to conduct tests and recognize hazards.
What do you bring?
You hold a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Chemistry or related field. You have 5+ years of experience in similar role. The right candidate will be a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). Are you proficient with relevant laws, policies and procedures? Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written? We are looking for someone that exhibits personal energy in responding to change in a fast-paced and dynamic growing organization; someone that is disciplined, focused, resilient and collaborative. It is desirable to have one or more of the following: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Occupational health and Safety Technologist (OHST), or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST).
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.