Location: Chicago Heights, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking for an HR Coordinator to support operations and facilitate the HR processes by completing a variety of administrative duties and projects, while partnering with our HR Business Partner.
What will you be doing?
- Receives and addresses employee questions regarding company policies, procedures and benefit plans.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration to ensure associates are paid timely and accurately, and are provided benefits they elect. e.g. rate increases, shift changes, terminations, in the HR Information systems and communicated to payroll. This should also include management of various LOAs including STD, FMLA.
- Assist with the process of recruiting, including vetting candidates, scheduling interviews. Coordinates/schedules all pre-employment background checks and physical screenings required.
- Organizes the new hire and onboarding processes, including review of company policies, collection and processing of new hire paperwork, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Assist with entering new hire data into HRIS/Benefits systems and ensuring benefit elections/enrollments are entered and deductions provided to payroll.
- Assist Supervisors with Success Tracks progression, including assigning both Safety and Success Tracks programs and related pay progression changes.
- Assist with training supervisors with reviewing and approving timecards in Payroll system (Dayforce).
- Assist with organizing and maintaining employee records (both paper and electronic)
- Participate in job fairs and recruitment events.
- Support with HR events.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff retention, cost, etc. This role must be comfortable utilizing reporting from HRIS in order to aggregate and analyze data in order to make fact-based decisions.
- Support the rollout of other HR department related initiatives and communications (i.e., open enrollment, incentives, compensation strategy, policy/procedure changes).
- May assist in submitting and managing workers comp claims, return to work statuses with supervisors.
- Role models our RARE Values and Code of Conduct and coaches and communicates the same across their segment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
What do you bring?
You preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or 3+ years of HR coordinator or generalist experience if not currently pursuing a degree. The right candidate will be able to support the daily functions with a broad knowledge of Human Resources including recruiting, benefits, employee relations, staffing management, and learning and development.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.