Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you Unearth the Possibilities with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking to engage a motivated Engineering Technician to lead and assist in the reliability, repairs, and optimization of the various pieces of equipment used in the chemical processing and packaging manufacturing processes at Nufarm.
What will you be doing?
- Own and oversee the reliability and maintenance of assigned packaging and formulation equipment.
- Lead repair projects and assist Maintenance Technicians to install, repair, and optimize the operation of packaging and process equipment such as liquid bottle fillers, bottle cappers, ink-jet coders, palletizers, case erectors, conveyors, and pumps, reactors, agitators, heat exchangers, and piping systems.
- Work alongside the Maintenance Technicians to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve equipment problems across the site.
- Regularly review all equipment failures. Determine what PM action might have been taken to prevent failure in order to protect against reoccurrence. Recommend preventive maintenance tasks to prevent future failures and increase equipment reliability.
- Assist with ordering and the storage and use of new equipment spare parts in the maintenance parts inventory.
- Manage small maintenance improvement projects such as upgrading equipment and modifying processes, pumps, pipelines, and packaging equipment.
- Conduct surveys and audits of process systems and equipment such as pumps, pipelines, reactors, compressors, generators, heat exchangers, filters, and agitators in operation as well as packaging equipment.
- Collaborate with Operations to identify and analyse mechanical defects or malfunctions, utilizing knowledge of mechanical function and performance characteristics of equipment.
- Oversee various maintenance contractor projects and repairs.
- Use a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to record work orders and implement new equipment asset IDs and/or preventive maintenance tasks.
- Participate in review phase, of design, of capital additions and changes in plant layout to ensure full maintainability of equipment, utilities, and facilities
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you bring?
Nufarm is looking for an excellent communicator and valuable team player. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering technician role in a manufacturing environment. The right candidate Possess a safety mindset and work experience in compliance to Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.