Field Sales Manager MT / ND
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through dedicated service, locally proven Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. This is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart. Over 300 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Established in Australia in 2006, Nuseed has grown to offer industry leading germplasm, advanced molecular capabilities, regional R&D and commercial teams in Australia, Europe, North America and South America, and sales in more than 30 countries. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Based in Montana, or North Dakota, Nuseed Americas has an exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Manager. This person will partner to lead sales in the region and to support Nuseed Omega 3 brand strategies. They will also develop area tactics to implement sales programs, strategies, and policies in line with company goals for profitable growth. The Field Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with local Distribution (Agents), partnering with Nuseed internal teams, and farmers. This person will be responsible for contracting acres and providing agronomic support as needed. The Field Sales Manager will need to network within the broader agricultural industry to help build the Nuseed brand and become a Nuseed Ambassador within the territory.
- Perform direct sales activities with distribution channel and growers in the Montana and Dakota markets
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities through direct sales
- In collaboration with Sales Management, identify and communicate geographies of focus within territory
- Provide market intelligence and supplies territory opportunity information
Customer Service and Agronomic Support:
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects
- Demonstrate leadership, vision, and management in conjunction with our distributor model
- Provide proactive after-the-sale customer service that increases grower customer loyalty
- Ability to leverage local area knowledge and practices to assist farmers
- Knowledge of Nuseed portfolio and how to position the products and services
- Develop and implement long term agronomic plans to support Nuseed strategy and budgets
- Undertake acre contracting, field inspections of customer fields by identifying weeds, disease and insect presence and provide agronomic recommendations
- Oversee field inspections of production fields by identifying weeds, disease and insect presence and provide agronomic recommendations
- Lead, foster and develop distributor relationships, strategies, and product education
- Build and maintain good working relationships with growers, Industry contacts and Nuseed peers.
- Gather and disseminate market and research intelligence, including grower commercial considerations
- Deliver logistics coordination, including trucking from farm to elevator and local relationship with elevator
- Support identity preservation of omega 3 production. This includes farmer support, taking samples and storage security
- Must possess and maintain a valid Drivers License
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Sciences, or a related field? Do you have 3+ years of experience in Agronomy? Canola experience is a preferred. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of grower relationship management and partnering. Also required is 3+ years in a commercial sales setting with a proven record of building and maintaining customer relationships.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000 USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.
If this is you. Apply online today.