Safety Permit Writer
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL Nufarm is looking for a Safety Permit Writer to support operations and construction of projects. The key function of a Permit Writer is to put safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client's needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change.
What will you be doing?
The duties and responsibilities of the Safety Permit Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Complete safe work permits (Hot Work, Working at Height, High Voltage work, Excavations) following the program expectations for documentation and risk management
- Evaluate job-specific hazards and identify proper mitigations to reduce risk
- Conduct hazard risk assessments for high-risk work, including confined space entry, working at heights, hot work, etc.)
- Monitor work area during the duration of open permits
- Provide job observations
- Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
- Facilitate corrective measures were warranted
- Write permits that align with current construction projects
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures both in the written permit as well as in the field, as required by law and the owner
- Follow Incident Reporting Expectations to ensure safe working environment and timely investigations/resolutions
What do you bring?
- 3+ years of previous safety chemical operations experience
- Minimum of an OSHA 30 – Construction
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detailed Oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and capacity to influence
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.