North America Strategic Carinata Marketing Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. Our industry leading Beyond Yield Carinata and Omega-3 Canola products provide a truly sustainable platform recognizing the ever-evolving environmental challenges our world is facing. All of this is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart.
Over 350 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Our company is growing rapidly, and we are looking for the right North American Strategic Marketing Manager who will implement and oversee Carinata product launches, provide oversight and strategic decision making for the goals of the Nuseed North American Carinata business. This role will collaborate across the various North America businesses ensuring Nuseed has a highly visible marketing plan focused on sustainability. This individual will have a deep understanding of the United States Agricultural System and Marketing Agencies. The NA Strategic Marketing Manager should be familiar with US Crop input markets such as seed, fertilizer, and pesticides and/or farm commodity production contracting.
Objectives & Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the cover crop industry including growers, distributors, and competitors
- Maintain and in-depth knowledge of the markets and regulations for the US and global biofuels industry including carbon markets and contract requirements
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the goals of the Carinata seed business
- Develop value propositions to best define and position Nuseed products in the Southern US states in which we contract
- Plan successful product launches collaborating with commercial, supply chain and R&D to maximize Nuseed opportunity
- Establishing tools for targeting potential contract growers for Carinata production
- Collaborate across business functions, to ensure alignment of Nuseed goals
- Create and oversee marketing plans to achieve business goals
- Manage within marketing budgets established annually by the cross functional team
- Utilize leadership skills to motivate teams and drive an inclusive work environment
- Ensure the commercial teams have the appropriate materials and tools supported by strategic campaigns to achieve business targets
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure strategic priorities and change are successfully embraced and executed
- Develop and implement market research, including Nuseed performance, competitive analysis, pricing, cost, market access
- Partner with other marketing leaders to establish best practices, gaining insight on new opportunities, and providing the “voice of the customer”
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the launch of new products.
- Work with Senior Management Team to identify industry events, associations and industry publications for attendance, sponsorship, or other involvement.
- Possess a strong grasp of how Canola growers make their planting decisions and canola life cycle, develop tailored marketing campaigns that appeal to these groups.
- Build a strong digital marketing presence amongst targeted groups.
- Procure grower analytics that provide beneficial insight into enhancing our target audience and develop key messages using this information
- Assist in the development of annual grower contracts that provide maximum benefit to both the growers and the business.
- Ensure that all messaging and campaigns adhere to the branding guidelines set for both the Commercial Seed and Renewable teams.
- Provide coaching on effective messaging to the commercial teams on at regular intervals.
- Additional support provided to Canola, Omega 3, Sunflower, and Sorghum throughout North America
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience developing Agriculture Marketing strategies and campaigns, as well as a working knowledge of the tools and programs required to create successful product launches. The Marketing Manager will collaborate across multiple business functions and with customers, grain handlers, crushers, building networks and excellent communication is a must.
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications & experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to individuals with known disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without such accommodations, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company’s operations. Individuals requiring accommodation should speak to the Company’s Human Resources Department concerning their needs.
Salary Range: $105,000 – $145,000 USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.
If this is you, Apply online today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nuseed employees.