Director of Discovery, Pre-Development Leader - Chemistry
Location: Research and Development
Job Type: Full time
- Newly created Discovery global role
- Morrisville NC location
- Chemistry Leader
Do you have extensive agrichemicals portfolio knowledge, strong project management skills and a proven ability to solve complex scientific problems? Would you like to be part of a thriving global business where you can explore new ideas, get creative, be heard and have some fun along the way? Then unearth the possibilities at Nufarm and see how far your career could take you.
How can you unearth the possibilities with Nufarm?
The dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories, at Nufarm we’ve been finding better ways to fight weeds and disease and increase our customers crop yields for over 100 years. Indeed, it’s their ever-changing needs that inspires us to stay agile and create an energetic work environment where, together, we can all make a difference. Join us, and you’ll feel empowered to be who you are and unlock your potential, in a place where we trust and respect one another and celebrate our differences.
Based in Morrisville NC reporting directly to the Global Lead Development, we’ll look to you to lead and support various R&D projects on a worldwide basis to aid the development and implementation of strategy, concepts, and solutions. You’ll also be responsible for providing key strategic input to new target identification, hit-generation, lead optimisation and pre-development plans.
Bringing technical leadership to new crop protection molecule identification or the design and predevelopment of agrochemical relevant targets (e.g., pests, weeds, pathogens) will be important too, as will participating in strategic discussions with the company leadership team and collaborating across scientific disciplines on a variety of interesting projects.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to strategic initiatives to impact on innovation and growth
- Providing the program expertise to drive and lead programs from hit generation to predevelopment selection using state-of-the-art design principles and strategies
- Helping to develop a R&D budget and timelines and managing collaborative R&D and licensing activities with industrial and academic partners
What you’ll need to bring
Qualified to Ph.D level in Chemistry or other science related major subject(s), you’ll need a successful track record in a Discovery / PreDev role with a agrochemical business. And, if you have recent experience in crop protection discovery, that would be a definite advantage!
You’ll also need:
- A flair for generating, managing evaluating and effectively maintaining critical data
- The ability to provide scientific inputs to support the best strategic positioning of Nufarm products
- The communication skills it takes to liaise at all levels with internal and external customers and collaborate with other departments in order to develop robust and high-quality products
That’s just what we think, we’d love to hear from you what you think is possible. #unearththepossibilities #ownyourgrowth #comeasyouare
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.