Sr. Analytical Chemist
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Morrisville, North Carolina, Nufarm is looking for a Senior Analytical Chemist reporting to our Formulations Development Manager, NA. The Senior Analytical Chemist will help lead Nufarm’s NA product development analytical group through hands on work using high-pressure liquid chromatography, gas chromatography and wet chemistry along with physical testing of formulations and technical grade active ingredients. This role will support Regulatory by review of 5BA reports for regulatory submission of new active ingredients and new active sources and assist with questions from the agencies pertaining to these submissions. Also included will be the support of formulation development, steward new technical molecules into the country, work closely with regulatory and marketing members, and providing method development for various types of agricultural active ingredients. The Analytical Chemist should expect to investigate complaints on products, support manufacturing and be part of a global community with involvement of global projects.
Be part of building a better Nufarm
- Responsible for analytical method development on departmental chromatographic equipment including HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC-MS; interact with Nufarm plants and other R&D sites to implement or introduce test methods and harmonize testing across Nufarm sites.
- Support Regulatory and Procurement via reviews of 5BA reports from external companies to allow submission of new actives and new active sources for Nufarm US. Work with Canada Regulatory to support similar submissions to PMRA.
- Prepare needed Certificate of Analysis, Chain of Custody documents, purchasing specifications, technical reports of chemical analysis and other needed documents as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand needs and align the analytical method development and data collection approach, ensuring the most efficient and effective use of instrumentation, and the generation of impactful data.
- Be available and approachable: training users on hardware and software, help problem solve technical challenges, assist with diagnosis of instrument. In each case providing solutions or taking responsibility to escalate issues to ensure they are resolved.
- Management of certain instruments: User access, Instrument cleaning, calibration, and performance testing.
- Assist less experienced chemists with the running of samples to ensure efficient use of the analytical suite, or support users in the processing and interpretation data.
- Proactively identify opportunities to help improve operational flexibility, efficiency, overall effectiveness, or other related lab innovations.
We are looking for someone with a PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields with three years industrial experience or MS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields with five years industry experience. Experience in Agricultural industry is preferred. Do you have working knowledge of liquid chromatography, analytical method development and mass spectroscopy?
Key Experience includes:
- Practical use of liquid chromatography systems (LC, LC-MS, GC, GC-MS) -single-quadrupole Mass spectrometers. Experience with triple- quadrupole Mass spectrometers a plus.
- Significant experience of analytical method development for Liquid chromatography and Mass spectrometry in an operational setting.
- Experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing issues related to analytical instrumentation and technical measurement challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to relay scientific information (discussion, reports & presentations) in a manner appropriate to the customer/audience.
- IT skills: including experience in using scientific literature search tools and information databases.
Experience reviewing 5BA reports for active ingredients and writing the chemistry portion of Group A submission packages for 5BAs.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to individuals with known disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without such accommodations, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company’s operations. Individuals requiring accommodation should speak to the Company’s Human Resources Department concerning their needs.
If this is you. Apply online today.