Inventory & Processing Coordinator
Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD ® through dedicated service, locally proven Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. Our industry leading Beyond Yield Carinata and Omega-3 Canola products provide a truly sustainable platform recognizing the ever-evolving environmental challenges our world is facing. All of this is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart. 400 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Nuseed Americas is looking for an Inventory & Processing Coordinator to join our team, at our West Sacramento Innovation Center. This person will be responsible for instruction and processing of orders to our third-party processors, tracking inventory, creating and maintaining production information to assist department with day-to-day production schedules.
- Create and Review Processing Orders. Allocate seed lots to customer orders based on quality, market requests, lot size and order type.
- Communicate and follow up with plants on order progress and timelines.
- Manage priority and scheduling of orders between all processing plants.
- Ensure all process orders are created in the ERP system in a timely manner and relevant tests are ordered.
- Review quality data after processing and obtain relevant approvals as needed.
- Ensure all process orders are closed and completed in the ERP system and are ready for dispatch.
- Execution/deployment of End-to-End processing strategies. Support customized solutions where necessary.
- Ensure correct labelling of all seed bags and as needed create, review and print tags for finished goods.
- Report order status to customer service and logistics and ensure good communication flow throughout the process.
- Maintain accuracy of inventory quantities and stock value in Nuseed’s ERP system, from harvest to finished products.
- Manage all inventory transfers between processing facilities and third party.
- Ensure processing plants have adequate stock of raw materials (tags, bags, chemicals etc.)
- Oversee physical counts and inventory reconciliation. Perform all needed system adjustments and obtain relevant approvals.
- Review inventory aging and quality, report slow moving and at-risk inventory monthly.
- Work closely with Regional Planner and Customer Service to review supply vs demand and alert of any shortages or excess inventory.
Nuseed is looking for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in biology, Agriculture or Science or 2-4 years equivalent experience. The ideal candidate should have previous agricultural work experience, preferably for a seed company in logistics, inventory or quality. They should have a good digital aptitude, experience with ERP systems and be comfortable working with Excel.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000 USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.