Nutritionals Global Business Finance Manager
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. Our industry leading Beyond Yield Carinata and Omega-3 Canola products provide a truly sustainable platform recognizing the ever-evolving environmental challenges our world is facing. All of this is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart.
Over 400 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
- In this role, the individual is responsible for offering financial leadership and assistance to the Nuseed Nutritional Global Leadership team, as well as financial aid for the Value Chain & Trade function, crucial for driving the Nutritional and Bioenergy businesses. The role encompasses directing financial activities across multiple international entities, leading the financial tasks of the Nutritional and Value Chain & Trade Functions through teamwork with the Global Financial Controller, Global FP&A Team, and Regional Financial Controllers, plus their Accountants and Support Staff. Commitment to agreed business and statutory reporting timelines is essential, as is a hands-on method, with distinct duties related to the Group & Nutritional Platform, including managing Sales, P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow, and facilitating the merger with the Value Chain & Trade function.
Objectives & Primary Responsibilities
- Provide excellent financial leadership and management to the Nutritional Management Team and Value Chain & Trade Function, measured by effectiveness, engagement, and leadership acknowledgement.
- Build productive working relationships with all stakeholders to understand their business operations and their financial information needs of end users.
- Manage relationships with others across the Group to achieve alignment on key business strategies and decisions.
- Lead Nutritional’s financial & management reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation and lodgement of compliant monthly, half year and full year entity and consolidated accounts.
- Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
- Direct the teams working with finance systems and managing transaction flows from source to general ledger and ultimately reporting.
- Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting Nufarm statutory obligations.
- Ensure reporting functions and responses to ad hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered.
- In conjunction with the Nuseed FP&A Team, prepare the periodic forecast, annual budget, and Long-Range Plan.
- Undertake a range of other activities, in conjunction with other members of the business and finance team including but not limited to, asset financing, business administration, control activities, external & internal audits, governance, hedging, insurance management and risk.
Position-Specific Skills & Experience
- Senior finance leadership experience preferably in global businesses, with at a minimum, Controllership, FP&A, Management Reporting and Supply Chain experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce, CPA / CA designation or equivalent & relevant professional experience
- Raw Materials Supply / Ingredients Industry, Grain & Oil Trading, or Seed Industry experience / knowledge
- Successful track record of directing / supporting Management and leading diverse teams.
- Nufarm Global Finance Team
- Nuseed Global Executive Team
- Nuseed Nutritional Global GM (General Manager)
- Nuseed Global Value Chain & Trade Lead
- Nuseed Global Finance Team
- Nuseed Global Supply Chain
- Nuseed Global R&D (Research and Development) Team
- Nuseed Regional GM’s (General Managers)
- Nufarm Internal Audit & Risk Team
- Nuseed and Nufarm IT (Information Technology) Teams170,
- External Audit Team
- External Grain Traders
- External Tax Advisors
- Vendors & Suppliers
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications & experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to individuals with known disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without such accommodations, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company’s operations. Individuals requiring accommodation should speak to the Company’s Human Resources Department concerning their needs.
Salary Range: $170,000 – $210,000 USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.