Category Manager - Indirect
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip, IL, Nufarm is looking for a Category Manager - Indirects who will be responsible to lead, develop and implement the key sourcing strategies across the NA indirects portfolio. Part of this is to identify and separate those categories that need to be managed strategically, versus those that are better to be managed tactically.
What will you be doing?
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the manufacturing, HR and commercial functions for the procurement of indirect goods and services.
- Driving business conformance to the Nufarm Procurement Policy, ensuring compliance to the use of the Ariba sourcing and contracting system.
- Developing, aligning, and implementing indirect sourcing strategies to support the commercial and manufacturing strategies of the Nufarm NA business. Strategies are 3 year rolling and reviewed with stakeholders every 6-12 months. Annual sourcing plans are aligned to overall strategy.
- Negotiating supplier agreements to drive value, mitigate commercial risk and guarantee supply surety for Nufarm NA.
- Suppling agreements of indirect goods and services in line with the requirements of the NA business.
- Driving productivity improvements to deliver cost savings of 1.5-3% annually through initiatives such as supplier negotiation, preferred supplier partnerships and/or alternative supplier/material development.
- Ensuring robust business continuity plans are in place to ensure that the risk associated with supply, quality and price are mitigated.
- Utilization of systems and processes such as Ariba will be critical to ensure the category is managed effectively with the greatest efficiency.
- Sourcing process will include managing the RFQ process for the relevant indirect categories related to the NA business.
- Working closely with the Global Indirects Procurement Team to drive value for the Nufarm NA business, and to play a lead role in key global projects.
What do you bring?
Nufarm is looking for an excellent communicator and valuable team player. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years procurement experience and 3 years of indirect procurement. Are you highly experiences with SAP Ariba? The right candidate will deliver value through a combination of cost savings, reduced supply risk and quality of supply. The utilization of a strategic sourcing methodology is critical for success. Experience within a multinational organization is desirable along with tertiary qualification, preferably in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.