Loss Prevention Manager
Location: Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
About the role:
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down.
We are looking for a Loss Prevention Manager to join our Physical Security & Loss Prevention Team. Loss Prevention Manager, working under our Senior Manager, Loss Prevention, will support the development and implementation of the security and loss prevention programs in our fulfillment space. The Security and Loss Prevention program aims at protecting people, products, and information at each site and in the supply chain. That means driving the Security and Loss Prevention program and creating a culture where risk mitigation is at the forefront.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing risk assessments of the sites and operational models, and developing associated risk mitigation measures.
- Championing and prioritizing multiple large projects, working closely with other teams to ensure the smooth deployment of Loss Prevention programming
- Creating and managing project budgets, ensuring projects are completed successfully within budget.
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure project milestones and timelines are met.
- Overseeing physical security of site through a combination of security guard services, electronic security systems, physical security hardware, and asset protection systems.
- Initiate and support in investigations as it relates to facilities security, identify root cause, write follow-up reports and develop management action plans for security improvements.
- Build effective working relationships with facility management teams, operation teams, third party companies, contractors and vendors.
- Effectively manage security guard services and conduct training for the guard force as required.
- Be the main point of contact for all things related to Security and Loss Prevention at the site level.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 4 years of warehousing security/loss prevention experience.
- Experience with delivery stations or cargo handling stations and transportation network security is preferred.
- Experience conducting loss prevention investigations and integrity interviews.
- Excellent knowledge on the implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems and distribution center loss mitigation techniques.
- Experience handling workplace violence situations.
- Strong communication skills and relentless attention to detail.
- An analytical mind that can solve complex issues while remaining data-informed
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in managing stakeholders and vendors.
- Experience with loss prevention systems & associated technology
- Experience in completing or building training programs for frontline security
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel domestically as required.
- Wicklander-Zulawski Certification
- Security systems troubleshooting
- Experience with G-Suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.