Sales Development Representative, Outbound Sales (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
We are looking for a quick-thinking, vibrant, and naturally curious individual to join our Outbound Team as a Sales Development Representative in North America. In this role, you will generate new sales opportunities and add qualified leads to the sales funnel.
As a SDR you are responsible for prospecting including cold outreach via phone, email and text, following up, and passing on qualified leads to Account Executives who will convert them into new customers. You will also be responsible for keeping up-to-date with new commerce trends and developing an understanding of our product offerings to help more merchants grow on Shopify.
At Shopify, there is a unique opportunity for high-impact sales professionals to build a career with a company that will continually provide opportunities for growth. You will be the merchant’s dedicated point of contact during the qualification period and your work will make a direct impact on our goals to make commerce better for everyone.
- Meet or exceed assigned daily activity minimums to fulfill quarterly expectations
- Generate leads and conduct pre-qualified calls with large prospective merchants
- Schedule discovery calls for Shopify Account Executives
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through CRM, Salesforce and Salesloft
- Generate interest in the Shopify platform
- Create a positive and valuable first impression to merchants by providing an unrivaled merchant experience
- Contribute to building culture and upholding Shopify values
- Liaising with your peers across the world in other markets to refine processes and consistently evolve the scope of the role
- Working with your lead to up-skill in areas of professional and personal development including special personal projects to assist and impact the Revenue Acceleration team
- Building your Shopify platform knowledge - a platform expert!
To join this team, you must have:
- Outbound prospecting experience into large/enterprise businesses, with a proven track record generating new business pipelines through cold calling and emailing
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate Shopify’s value proposition and handle objections
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to build key relationships and collaborate with Account Executives on their respective territory accounts through account research, strategy, and outreach
- An understanding of customer needs and how to meet those individual needs with proper introductions to the right team members
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High professionalism; be a self-motivated, driven, and positive individual
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Strong process improvement skills to help develop the role as things change with the business
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working in a large technology company
- Experience using Salesforce, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, or LinkedIn Sales Navigator
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.