Deal Desk Specialist - Seller Guidance
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
Shopify is looking for a Deal Desk Specialist - Seller Guidance to be a part of our Global Revenue Operations team. This role will report into the Director of Deal Acceleration and act as the connective tissue between Deal Acceleration and Global Sales Enablement. In this role, you will mine all Deal Desk interactions, reverse engineering both losses and wins, in search of the invaluable insights that can only be gained with a birds-eye-view of the field. With the ultimate goal of broadly educating the business on what’s working, what’s not working & what needs to change as it pertains to complex deal crafting, you will make sure the distilled value of one-off learnings can be leveraged at scale.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ongoing analysis of Deal Acceleration interactions & internal escalations to discover patterns that should be turned into streamlined, repeatable processes
- Monitoring & influencing changes & enhancements to deal crafting process & procedure, owning the consistent packaging and dissemination of this information to Sales Enablement
- Owning consensus building amongst Shopify’s senior leadership to optimize default commercial positions, negotiating frameworks & supporting talk tracks
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the internal navigation of high value & complex opportunities, routing sales reps & coaches to the appropriate resources as necessary
- Owning the creation of quarterly Deal Acceleration digests inclusive of retrospective metrics & KPIs, field patterns, high value insights & upcoming changes for ongoing enhancement
- Taking an active role in defining & implementing enhancements to existing tooling & procedures, keeping friction reduction top-of-mind
- Ensuring Sales Enablement has the content required to keep field reps clear in their negotiating empowerment–minimizing back and forth to the broader business
- Successful candidates typically bring 5+ years experience in GTM, sales, business development and/or strategy, sales enablement/excellence
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Past experience in SaaS or eCommerce technology and/or fintech
- Ability to take a quantitative and analytical approach to setting strategy with operational and business judgment and an excellent attention to detail
- Builder mindset - proven ability to independently identify problems and pursue solutions
- Growth mindset - constant learner who’s not afraid to fail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate conversations
- Experience thinking analytically and strategically about issues and influencing stakeholders, leadership and individual contributors at all levels
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to a variety of stakeholders including senior-level leadership