Senior Staff Developer, Buy With Prime
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
We are not here to play a zero-sum game. Our software engineering team is driven by a greater purpose - to enable entrepreneurship and create new value for the world. We believe in unlimited personal growth for the individuals who build our product. At our core, we are a team that gets shit done, ships fast, and embraces a culture of continuous learning.
In our work, we operate with low process and high trust. We trade on impact, not on corporate structures or in-person office environments. If you're looking for a prescriptive and rigid work environment, this might not be the right place for you. But if you thrive on change, can solve complex problems, and can handle a bit of chaos, then welcome aboard.
Here, we value independent thinkers who seek growth. We care deeply about what we do and commit to continuously developing our craft. We understand that to make commerce better for everyone, we need to serve and support those who may have different beliefs than us. This means seeing the bigger picture and leaving personal beliefs outside the room.
Joining our team means working with the most driven crafters who pursue mastery. Growth is not just an opportunity here, it's an expectation. We provide resources to help you push yourself out of your comfort zone because we believe in thriving, not just surviving, on change and chaos. We are building products for the long-term, aiming to make a lasting impact as a 100-year company. Navigating ambiguity and embracing change is what sets us apart.
If you're ready to be part of a team that challenges the status quo and pushes boundaries, then we want you. We are currently looking for a Senior Staff Engineer to lead the Buy With Prime Engineering organization.
This will be career defining work as you give Shopify merchants the power of Prime. To learn more, check out this official announcement.
- Mentor and coach Staff or Lead level developers to ensure their growth and development.
- Build trust and drive the technical direction of a complex domain by collaborating with engineering, product, UX, and other stakeholders.
- Be programming language agnostic! We are looking for someone that knows which tools to solve which problems.
- Establish or improve technical patterns that positively impact the Engineering craft at our company.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to the Shopify engineering community, helping them to get shit done more effectively.
- Simplify Shopify systems within a large domain, streamlining processes and improving overall efficiency.
- Have a multi-team scope, impacting not only your own team but also neighboring teams and influencing patterns and direction for an Engineering subdiscipline.
- Define new patterns that are adopted by the entire subdiscipline, setting the standard for technical excellence.
- Represent Shopify's technical direction in the industry, showcasing our innovative approaches and solutions.