Sr Manager, Social (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the team
Shopify has focused the last decade on solving complex problems for entrepreneurs by making commerce seamless and accessible. Now, we want to do the same for shoppers through the Shop app.
Shop is our free iOS and Android shopping app. From powering the fastest checkout on the internet with Shop Pay, to real-time order tracking and AI-powered product recommendations, Shop is transforming the future of shopping. It’s already one of the top 5 shopping apps in North America and we're just getting started.
About the role
The Shop team is looking for a Brand & Social Lead to grow awareness for Shop’s products — including the Shop App, Shop Cash, Shop Pay and more — by championing buzzworthy campaigns and growing Shop’s social presence.
Our successful candidate will ship content and campaigns that engage new audiences, bring attention to our product launches and ultimately grow @shop’s Social reach and brand awareness online. We’re searching for someone creative and resourceful, someone who can break a big idea down into a measurable hypothesis and then get into the weeds to ship it.
Partnering with other marketers, partnerships managers, creatives and social crafters, you’ll own and drive campaign and content calendars in support of Shop, end-to-end. This role is a senior individual contributor role that will champion the Social craft within the Shop team and lead cross-functional campaigns. There may also be opportunities to lead direct reports over time.
- Build strong relationships and context across Product teams in order to plan buzzworthy social campaigns that amplify (and storytell) our feature launches
- Design and ship brand campaigns that will grow Shop’s social reach and ultimately grow app installs (primarily buyer-facing, secondarily merchant-facing and occasionally developer-facing)
- Audit and monitor performance of key social channels in order to come up with scalable evergreen content and community engagement plans — once foundational work is done, expect to focus 20% on always-on Social content and 80% on Brand campaigns
- Monitor trending content/formats, UGC and comments from Shop users in order to share relevant feedback with teammates, brainstorm new content and engage our community, beyond launch moments
- Collaborate with Marketing Partnerships, Product, and Product Marketing, bringing Social expertise and POV to cross-functional projects led by other teams
- Own regular reporting cadence for Shop Social, including monthly recaps and campaign wraps (sharing data-informed wins and learnings)
- Hands-on experience growing social accounts and shipping viral content, events and/or integrated marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience driving cross-functional campaigns that drive measurable results in terms of owned and earned social impressions
- Bonus points if you have experience marketing a mobile product / app
- Proven ability to synthesize products and technical roadmaps into tactics and content optimized for social
- Experience collaborating on projects with teams like Product Marketing, Product Management and Partnerships
- Ability to collect and use data to measure social and marketing programming, and synthesize this information for non-Social audiences
- Demonstrated passion for cultural trends, social platforms, innovative digital experiences
- Ability to operate independently, but not in a silo
- Ability to thrive in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience managing social presence for brands with 200k+ followers
- Experience collaborating with creatives, such as designers, video producers, event producers
- Experience scouting and scaling marketing / influencer partnerships with CPM or CPA goals
- Experience motivating and managing freelancers, vendors, and agencies
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.
In the “Message to Hiring Manager” section of your application, please share an example of a viral campaign that you've championed. In 3 sentences or less, what was the campaign idea and what were the measurable results?
Please submit your resume/CV in PDF format.