Senior Technical Product Lead, Storefronts
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join our Storefronts team in various Product Lead roles, focusing on Content Experiences and Custom Storefronts.
Our Content Experiences team's mission is to help merchants fully represent their business within Shopify, by extending the out-of-the-box features with custom workflows. To help make Shopify’s base features more extensible, a scalable infrastructure is required. This is an individual contributor role that will lead a large group of cross-discipline individuals in a complex problem space. In this role, you will partner with engineering teams to evolve our platform into a robust developer framework. At the same time, you will partner with UX designers, to create a clear vision of how these components can be brought into a simple-to-use merchant tool. By shipping these products, you will give merchants a better admin experience and help them own their brand; customizing Shopify to their preferences.
Our Custom Storefronts is looking for someone with expertise in working with APIs, hosting platforms, and frameworks. As a Product Lead, your primary responsibility will be to enhance the merchant and developer experience of building custom storefronts. This is also an individual contributor role. There will be opportunities for you to coach and mentor other Product Managers.
- Experience as a Technical Product Manager at tech, consumer-facing app, and/or SaaS companies.
- Experience leading the definition, building, and shipping of complex technical products at scale.
- Experience creating long-term product strategy and defining success metrics for your product areas.
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering, data, UX, and other teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features.
- Genuine user empathy and passion for solving their most complex problems with the products you ship.
- Skills to drive ‘build, partner, or acquire’ decisions for your product area.
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design.
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- A talent for storytelling. Experience influencing key technical and non-technical stakeholders, driving buy-in for your ideas, and telling exceptional stories around why and what product you are building.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience building and maturing platforms with multiple end consumers (clients, developers, internal teams, etc.)
Interested? Hit apply and let us know why you’d be a great match for the role!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.