Senior Lead, Agency Partner Acquisition, Global
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
Shopify is looking for a Senior Lead, Agency Partner Acquisition to join our growing team. You will be responsible for developing strategy & frameworks for Global Partner Recruitment.
You’ll work on things like:
- Developing the global agency recruit strategy (20% of time)
- Developing frameworks & providing infrastructure for the team to use in their recruit activities (10% of time)
- Building recruit plays
- Funding new partners
- Scoring models to assess impact
- Funnel management
- Being an executive face in market to help with recruit conversations directly with partners (20% of time)
- Co-developing GTM activities with partner marketing lead & leads of other partner types (SIs, Enterprise Tech Partners, Partner-Led Sellers) (10% of time)
- Mentorship across all the ICs in EMEA, LATAM, and APAC (10% of time)
- Direct Management of 2-4 Partner Recruiters in AMER (20% of time)
- Potential direct Management of 1 Partner Solution Engineer (10% of time)
- Experience working in digital retail / ecommerce environments.
- A strong understanding of Shopify’s competitive landscape, specifically BigCommerce, Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Adobe Magento, Commercetools, among other MACH Alliance members.
- Experience working with design, development, and digital marketing agencies.
- Proven ability to develop unique, scalable, high-impact, partnerships for shared value.
- Creating and monitoring merchant acquisition strategies that can be scaled across multiple partners and partner types
- Assess the effectiveness of your regional initiatives. Report on success metrics, insights, and recommendations
- Experience in working with partnerships, sales, marketing, operations, and finance
- Experience in working with stakeholders from different disciplines
- Experience in project management and managing multiple projects on the go
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
Interested? Hit apply and let us know why you’d be a great match for the role!
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.