Senior Solutions Engineer, Retail (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
As a part of the Shopify Revenue team, the Solutions Engineering role brings business value, technical aptitude, and product expertise. If you are drawn to a constantly innovating product, PaaS and to solutioning for technical and business challenges with prospective brands, this job is for you.
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll drive the technical solutioning and help shape the Omni channel commerce strategy of our biggest, coolest new clients and bring that unique perspective back to our product team.
Expectations of your role include:
- Own the technical relationship with our most strategic and largest prospective clients
- Partner with Enterprise Sales in leading requirements discovery, solution presentations, Proof of Concept builds and various workshop formats
- Become an expert on Shopify’s platform, application ecosystem and integrations
- In-depth Shopify knowledge suitable to engage with technical and non-technical clients to demonstrate the solutions possible and the value of the platform as part of their technology stack
- Assist the enterprise client (or their chosen technology partners) on architectural design of third-party applications or customized solutions that address critical business requirements
- Align with Product Managers on Shopify’s enterprise product roadmap while sharing feedback on released features and client trends
- Mentor and coach other client facing teams at Shopify on technical aspects of our platform
- Travel for customer on-site visits will be expected in the range of 15 - 25%.
- Min 2 years of client-facing experience at the Enterprise level
- Min 2 years of experience in Solutions Engineering or Pre-sales Consulting
- Solid understanding of cloud-based technologies, SaaS and PaaS fundamentals
- Solid understanding of POS systems as it relates to operating and growing commerce businesses
- A solutions mindset - our largest and most advanced merchants like to push the boundaries of commerce and will often custom build solutions to achieve their goals.
- Passion to collaborate in a team-selling environment and share your expertise to help others learn
- Executive experience in consulting business & technical c-suite decision makers
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A personable video conference presence with confidence and the ability to control the virtual room
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to support a number of opportunities, multiple concurrent client requests, and the ability to reprioritise on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to thrive on change, work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor, as well as the flexibility to work locally, regionally and globally in a matrixed organization. We evolve at a rapid pace and things change quickly, sometimes even daily!
- Experience in POS solution engineering presales and/or implementation
- Solid understanding of Omni Channel Commerce
- Familiarity with development lifecycles, version control systems and development environments (git/Github is an extra plus)
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
Closing date: Thursday, November 23 at 11:59PM EDT.