String and Key
Location: Kings County, New York - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
String and Key is a research and development studio building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. Our purpose is to empower every person to live life to the fullest, with the confidence of financial protection.
We are a team of math nerd strategists, user flow-obsessed designers, result-driven developers, and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that values doers, people who think outside the box, and those who are not afraid to experiment. We love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products.
String and Key is looking for a talented mid-level UI Designer to join our product team in Dumbo, Brooklyn on a hybrid basis. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with UX designers and writers to create amazing app and website experiences that people love.
What You’ll Do
- Design beautiful and clean screens for web, iOS, and Android.
- Work with your fellow product teammates to upkeep, improve, and expand our current app and websites.
- Influence the future of our work by bringing new, exciting, and smart ideas to the table.
- Collaborate with developers to make sure all design handoffs are clear and well-documented.
- Keep our Figma files and design systems organized and up-to-date.
- Take ownership of your projects using time management and prioritization, while using good judgment to overcome any roadblocks.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years designing for digital products professionally
- An ability and desire to not only make everything look great, but to solve problems through your design decisions.
- The ability to learn complex concepts quickly and translate them into layouts and graphic content that is easy to digest and learn for the end user.
- A style that is clear, clean, and engaging, while also following given brand guidelines.
- A proficiency in both native mobile and responsive web design.
- A mastery of Figma and a strong component/symbol game.
- A generally friendly disposition.
Diversity and Inclusion
String and Key is a proud equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in and outside of the workplace. We strongly believe that everyone deserves a seat at the table and we support a culture where our people are empowered to be their authentic selves each and every day.
We’re building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reflect the world that we live in and the customers we serve. You are welcome to apply for this role free of biases or discrimination regardless of your race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by the law.
A Great Team – We focus on hiring people from diverse backgrounds who are easy to get along with and fantastic teammates.
Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid work schedule. We’re interested in what you contribute more so than when you do it.
Work Life Balance – Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, along with Paid Summer Fridays and Paid parental leave.
Competitive Compensation – Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skill set using aggregate market data from PayScale.
Health & Wellness – We offer 100% Medical Care Coverage for you and generous contributions for family, Dental and Vision Coverage, Commuter and Parking Reimbursement, 401k with a 4% Match, Health and Wellness Reimbursement, Free talkspace membership, Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and FSA/HSA.
Career Development – String and Key believes in upskilling their teams so each employee is provided a $1,000 annual training allowance.
Friendly office environments – Two modern offices; one in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the other in Durham, NC, offering a variety of working spaces for individual or team collaboration with free meals and snacks.
Social events – Monthly culture events, celebrations, team outings and social hours.