Senior Financial Analyst
String and Key
Location: Remote - US only - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
String and Key is a research and development studio building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. Our purpose is to empower every person to live life to the fullest, with the confidence of financial protection.
We are a team of math nerd strategists, user flow-obsessed designers, result-driven developers, and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that values doers, people who think outside the box, and those who are not afraid to experiment. We love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products.
String and Key is looking for a talented senior-level Financial Analyst with strong planning and analytic skills. This role will join our Finance Team on either a hybrid basis in Dumbo, Brooklyn or fully remote within the U.S. This is a great role for someone who takes pride in leading projects and has a deep understanding of accounting principles.
What You’ll Do
- This is a hybrid role with responsibilities in Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support accounting functions which include but are not limited to Month-end Close, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare GAAP reports; perform three statement financial modeling, analyze financial reports and make recommendations based on analysis and research
- Drive and coordinate financial planning which includes forecasting, budgeting and other key financial processes by working closely with internal stakeholders
- Consolidate cash and financial reporting for multiple entities
- Manage payroll budget and audit payroll for accuracy
- Anticipate, evaluate, and recommend business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
- Assist with special projects as needed
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role with strong understanding of accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Strong understanding of Excel and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles, and practices is required
- Knowledge of STAT reporting is a plus!
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical self-starter with the ability to resolve problems independently with skill and tact
- Detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA is a plus!
Diversity and Inclusion
String and Key is a proud equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in and outside of the workplace. We strongly believe that everyone deserves a seat at the table and we support a culture where our people are empowered to be their authentic selves each and everyday.
We’re building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reflect the world that we live in and the customers we serve. You are welcomed to apply for this role free of biases or discrimination regardless of your race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law.
A Great Team – We focus on hiring people from diverse backgrounds who are easy to get along with and fantastic teammates.
Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid work schedule. We’re interested in what you contribute more so than when you do it.
Work Life Balance – Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, along with Paid Summer Fridays and Paid parental leave.
Competitive Compensation – Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skill set using aggregate market data from PayScale.
Health & Wellness – We offer 100% Medical Care Coverage for you and generous contributions for family, Dental and Vision Coverage, Commuter and Parking Reimbursement, 401k with a 4% Match, Health and Wellness Reimbursement, Free talkspace membership, Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and FSA/HSA.
Career Development – String and Key believes in upskilling their teams so each employee is provided a $1,000 annual training allowance.
Friendly office environments – Two modern offices; one in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the other in Durham, NC, offering a variety of working spaces for individual or team collaboration with free meals and snacks.
Social events – Monthly culture events, celebrations, team outings and social hours.