Remote - Senior Manager, Sales - Americas
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of over $12 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With over 70,000 associates including 7,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com
The Sr. Mgr Sales, North America is a dynamic role and is a key member of the Sales leadership team in TE Sensors. A successful candidate will facilitate the strategic planning process for North American sales and define a strategy that meets the organizations growth objectives by elevating talent capability and strengthening customer relationships.
This person will lead an experienced sales team in both existing business and drive the incremental growth objectives for our key product lines. In addition, this position will be responsible for establishing a strategic business plan and actions to grow with these customers. This person will also identify areas of opportunity, and work with product management and engineering teams to develop new products to grow the business.
In addition, the Sr. Mgr Sales will also partner with the Director of Sales/PM to define/drive the Sales Strategy across all portfolios for the TE Sensors business unit.
A Day in the Life
- Lead and manage the regional TE Sensors sales team in North America.
- Drive talent development, elevating sales capability and accelerating intentional development experiences to strengthen pipeline with strong focus on inclusive leadership.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and business development to develop the product roadmap for future generation products
- Continually analyse current sales trends, market conditions and other pertinent information to drive Sales and Operations Planning process to ensure all areas are capable of meeting customer needs
- Develop a robust revenue and forecasting plan based on new program wins/losses, market trends, and supply chain conditions
- Utilize existing relationships with customers and identify areas of opportunity for building new relationships to drive accelerated growth
- Responsible for conducting analysis of account management responsibilities to ensure high productivity, account penetration and the ability to leverage all opportunities.
- They must also have an ability to continually energize customers, team members, and key internal constituents to build on the company's historical areas of success
- Ongoing travel to customers in North America.
What your background should look like:
- A B.S. degree in Engineering or Business is required; an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years successful professional sales experience
- Needs a professional level of business acumen and good financial skills
- Previous experience in account planning and relationship management
- Experience in evaluating market conditions, trends, opportunities, and competitive threats
- Ability to lead a large virtual and dispersed team of field sales employees
- Strong organizational skills for managing and coordinating a variety of activities in a fast paced environment.
- Sound strategic thinking with results orientation and execution skills
- Experience identifying opportunities to improve profitability and/or support execution of initiatives driven by others
- Strong relationship building ability and ability to influence others to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to work with all levels of and organization both internally and with customers
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $127,000 - $158,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets