Sr Director, Global Marketing- Aerospace/Defense/Marine (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of $15 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With 80,000 associates including 8,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com.
TE Connectivity's Marketing teams are responsible for broad marketing strategy and execution across all marketing and/or digital activities including integrated, digital, communications, product marketing, etc., for a business, region, country or corporate function by developing clear and compelling positioning and value propositions and go-to-market approaches for new product introductions. They are also responsible for brand portfolio management, aligning with corporate frameworks, including marketing plans for newly acquired brands and creative direction of all marketing communications, overseeing brand experience across all marketing and customer, sales and employee touch points. They develop and implement an integrated strategy for digital marketing, including the TE.com website and social media, digital advertising campaigns that lead the marketing community in accelerated adoption of emerging digital and content-centered marketing practices and lead development and delivery of best practice marketing communications by leveraging industry trends, competitive intelligence, customer insights and analysis in developing compelling marketing programs.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business at TE connectivity is looking for a commercially savvy marketing leader to partner with business leadership to evolve the go-to-market model for the business, continue to expand marketing as a function, and lead our customer experience strategy.
The ideal candidate is a strong strategic marketing leader who will continue the transformation of our strategic and downstream marketing capabilities, and partner closely with other commercial leaders to drive the transformation of the commercial function.
He or she must be a strong collaborative leader who can work cross-functionally to determine the most attractive applications and segments where AD&M should play as well as building the playbooks for how to win in those areas.
He or she must also be a well-rounded Marketing leader, able to drive continuous improvement in audience planning, content strategy, brand and communications, sales enablement, demand generation, account-based marketing, and channel marketing.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building new capabilities and is a strong leader of global teams, able to attract, retain and develop top talent. He or she should also be data driven and committed to continuous improvement. In addition to being an effective marketer, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership qualities with the potential to grow into additional leadership roles within TE over time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Marketing activities for the business unit, including transitioning to an account-based approach, ensuring Marketing grows in importance as a strategic growth lever
- Partner closely with other leaders to evolve the commercial strategy, bringing transformative ideas to the table
- Drive collaboration with strategy, business development and product management teams to determine where to play in high growth market segments
- Create playbooks for how to win in identified market segments, including developing compelling value propositions
- Develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand, with an account-based marketing approach
- Improve the effectiveness of the marketing function, leveraging analytics and shared services to improve the ROI of marketing efforts
- Improve the effectiveness of commercial efforts, including lead management and NPI launch processes.
- Lead the digital customer experience strategy, including bringing digital thinking to the table across the business unit, and leveraging digital capabilities to enhance our go to market strategy.
- Develop and execute effective strategies for Small Customer growth via Channel partners
- Serve as a member of the TE-wide Marketing Operating Committee, bringing your views in the development of the marketing function
- Manage, develop and build out a high performing global team
Success in the role requires strong business acumen and strategic mindset, exceptional analytical and communication skills, experience in designing and implementing governance processes, ability to work seamlessly with leaders at multiple levels, and the skills and tenacity to achieve results without formal authority. Strong capability to link the strategy with the right execution model is essential, enabling AD&M to achieve strategic milestones and deliver results.
Must have a strong ability to influence across functions and build relationships with key individuals in different areas of the organization. The candidate should be able to function as an individual contributor at times as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will have a keen ability to seek the ideas of multiple individuals in the organization and help facilitate the best path forward for the BU in strategic decisions. In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Marketing, Business, Science or Engineering. MBA Preferred
- 10+ years B2B Marketing experience in multiple marketing disciplines, with a minimum of 5 years leading global marketing teams required
- Experience managing revenue targets over $500M required
- B2B marketing leadership experience in large, global and highly matrixed organizations
- B2B experience with both direct and channel go to market models
- B2B leadership in product management, strategy or strategic marketing
- Commercial transformation experience highly preferred.
- Track record of successfully leading demand generation marketing efforts and delivering top results; account-based marketing experience preferred
- Strong digital skill set with experience leveraging digital to improve customer experience and go-to-market approach, such as with e-commerce
- Managerial courage and communication skills to effectively and constructively challenge and influence leaders and experts in the organization.
- High levels of conceptual thinking, problem structuring and analysis, cross functional team leadership, and the ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Must have fluency in English
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $178,900.00 – $268,300.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets