PRODUCT MANAGER IV
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
The Global Product Manager will have responsibility for next generation internal cable and connector portfolio, with the primary responsibility will be around cabled backplane products. Global Product Managers act as a “mini” GM driving the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to achieve revenue and gross margin targets that enable long term competitiveness and success of the product line. This individual will develop and implement strategies for new business opportunities, based on voice-of-market, directly associated with cabled backplane and backplane architectures. This will include identifying growth opportunities within key existing accounts, as well as developing relationships with emerging customers and market segments. The role also requires strategic licensing execution bidirectionally with competitors.
This role requires strong strategic thinking, experience working across regions and a strong proactive work ethic. This role must closely collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations and Marketing to gain alignment and drive the successful execution of the product roadmaps.
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Establish pricing policy
- Plan product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP and drives needed capacity
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Manage special price requests
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of product management, sales, business development or other relevant experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgement of critical information both up and down the organization