PRODUCTION OPERATOR II
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
- Perform most cleaning operations/process within the department.
- Sets up and maintains most equipment in the cleaning department such as, but not limited to soap wash, ultrasonic tanks and Rust + Scale. Gets assistance when required.
- Performs operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Understands and follows OSHA regulations regarding the storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Identifies problems and assists in determining a course of action to resolve them.
- Runs multiple jobs at a time when time permits.
- Ability to perform hand operations such as wire brushing in order to clean parts.
- Works independently from drawings and/or specifications as well as Traveler instructions.
- Maintains required tolling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
- Instructs or assists others as needed.
- Performs routine PM on equipment as needed.
- Performs and records measurements as required.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps Team leader informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the department.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
What your background should look like:
- High school education or equivalent.
- 6 months – 2 years cleaning experience, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience/ability to work with cleaners and/or chemicals.
- Knowledge of OSHA and regulatory storage/disposal requirements.
- Experience using a microscope
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to tolerate a warm environment and wear personal protective equipment when required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop and cleaning room environment
- Must produce product in conformance with adherence to Quality Management System.