SR MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Ruggedized Fiber Optics (RFO) team within Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business unit of Tyco Electronics serves a broad range of customers in the commercial aerospace, military / defense and marine & space markets. Our customers count on us to deliver engineering solutions and quality products to support a myriad of applications within our industries.
The RFO team is focused on supplying the quick turn prototypes and customer samples to increase market share of a growing industry. The MFG Development team develops assembly processes that can be transferred to high volume production facilities. We are responsible for building prototype tooling to produce customer samples & production tooling to meet customer' ramp up schedules. A key focus for our team is to arrive at ruggedized cost-effective solutions by utilizing lean design for six sigma techniques while working closely with development engineering and operations on the release of new products.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Process Development Engineer to join our Harrisburg, PA team. This individual will be a key member of our simultaneous engineering teams and will be responsible for supporting our day to day manufacturing needs in support of NPI growth. This includes optical connector assembly, cable assembly techniques, termination process development, product certification measuring techniques and resolution of problems encountered in the process of bringing new optical products from concept to market. The duties include the manufacture and assembly of connector components / cable assemblies, innovative ideas to solve manufacturing problems, and simplification of new products to reduce costs and increase overall manufacturing efficiency.
The candidate must be familiar with; optical manufacturing principles such as cable termination to various single fiber and multi fiber optical connectors and test methods to test single mode and multi-mode. Additionally, this candidate should have basic knowledge of industry standard environmental and mechanical performance of optical connectors.
What your background should look like:
- New process development includes generation of process documentation and data collection to support process qualification.
- Apply extensive knowledge to the design, build and procurement of optical components.
- Initiating/managing capital equipment projects; specifying and implementing new manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze yield and process control data and develop sound solutions to address manufacturing inconsistencies & cost drivers.
- Establishing & documenting manufacturing procedures and visual standards.
- Resolving component design deficiencies as related to assembly of components.
- Suggest design changes of new products to reduce costs and improve overall manufacturing efficiency.
- Estimate process rates and component costs from concept drawings.
- Arrive at cost effective solutions by using Lean Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- A bachelor’s degree in Optical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering plus 5 years of experience in a fiber optics manufacturing environment.
- GB or BB in Six Sigma Process preferred.
- Experience with design, manufacture, and test of single and multi-fiber assemblies.
- Experience in multi-fiber & single fiber polishing techniques.
- Experience w/ EFG & IPC measurements and documentation.
- Understanding of optical transceiver function is desirable but not requirement.
- Experience with over-molding techniques is desirable but not a required.
- Knowledge in mil-aero products is desirable but not a requirement.
- Must also be able to work as a team member with remote sites and outside vendors.
- Individual to be a self-starter and require minimum supervision.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application. 2.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets