PRODUCTION OPERATOR III
Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Inspection verification drawing comparison/veracity checks, etc. on electrical connectors and cable assemblies
- Inspect and verify all items ordered
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures to build our products
- Read and understand blueprints, schematics, industry and company standards, military and federal specifications and standards, and company procedures for inspection purposes
- Annotate and file reports, prepare spreadsheets with discrepancy action items, responsible persons, or company, etc.
- Follow-up on discrepancy action items with appropriate persons/departments.
- Interface with stockroom and engineering staff, QC and/or QA Manager for clarification or interpretation of blueprints/schematics as required
- Be cognizant of Company’s ISO 9001-2008 QMS Policy and procedures; their relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Notify management of any production abnormality or unsafe condition and/or practice
What your background should look like:
- HS Diploma or equivalent GED Required
- Technical/Vocational School a plus
- Must clear background and drug screening to receive job offer.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment in a similar position
- Minimum 2 years of Soldering and Molding experience, required.
- IPC-A-610D training and/or experience soldering high-density connectors
- J-STD Certification
- Knowledge of IPC 620
- Understand military specifications
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to use QC instruments
- Previous QC experience desired
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team Player willing to help production team to complete assigned tasks
- Flexibility to work extended hours, as required.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.