CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ANALYST III
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE is dedicated to operational excellence and continuous improvement of our business systems. The Leader of Continuous Improvement supports the Plant Manager and Site Leadership Team on their journey to implement an overarching philosophy of continuous improvement in our business strategies, training, deployment, and transformation. This is an ONSITE role.
What you'll be doing:
- Partners with the Value Stream Manager on the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of Continuous Improvement within the assigned VSM to eliminate waste and achieve targets.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Site Process Leader the inclusion of improvement recommendations into the TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) continuous improvement system design.
- The Continuous Improvement Value Stream Leader will be responsible for coaching the value stream production team members in achieving the Value Stream Key Performance Indicator objectives aligned with the site performance and TEOA goals.
- Supports the integration of previously unconnected processes (departments) into one interconnected extended value stream as seen from the customer’s perspective.
- Supports the development and utilization of current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
- Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
- Work with internal/external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise (extended VSM) using the TEOA system.
- Assist in defining and supports standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Assist in the identification and cross leverage of best practices across the entire operation.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas.
- With the Value Stream Manager, support the identification of production requirements within the Value Stream ensuring alignment with process departments (molding, stamping, plating, etc.) on needed capacity and priorities to achieve the Value Stream goals along with the development and deployment of appropriate planning, replenishment and signaling tools and methodologies aligned with PFEP.
- The Continuous Improvement Value Stream Leader along with the Value Stream Manager will be responsible for developing and deploying the value stream daily accountability process and employing problem-solving methodologies to determine the root cause and develop countermeasures for misses to daily targets, identifying and ensuring resolution of system issues and ensuring the successful accomplishment of extended value stream customer expectations.
- The Continuous Improvement Value Stream Leader will ensure consistent application of TEOA methodology and standard work in alignment with TEOA peers and Continuous Improvement site/process leader.
What your background should look like:
- 1-2 years of professional experience with focus on production, logistics or engineering and financial knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required; Master preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading continuous improvement activities on site level.
- Team Leadership; ability to lead associates through coaching and mentoring.
- Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change
- Can communicate with all levels to get everyone on board.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills
- Track record of successful project management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, utilize process and value stream mapping, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently lead cross functionally as well as with suppliers and customers.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and local language is essential.
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing processes
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant.
- Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the senior on-site leadership team
- Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management (Strong team leader)
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically (i.e. deliver results)
- Analytically minded and data-driven. The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$78,600 – $118,000(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets