Sr. Quality & Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
This position is responsible for assisting quality with Quality System support by assisting in management of CAPAs, RMAs, Management Review, audits, regulatory submissions and aiding in monitoring the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as5S, Kaizen, Lean methods, etc.
- Validate new equipment, products, or processes. Prepare, run and analyze data for IQ,OQ, PQ, SQ and FMEAs protocols and reports.
- Train operators and engineers in validation activities
- Interface with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products is in accordance with specified requirements.
- Knowledge of APQP including Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, MSA.
- Provide support to departmental Quality Inspectors as necessary to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Create and modify current procedures and instructions.
- Support return product analysis, MRB and complaint systems
- Investigate complaints from customers, suppliers and internal non-conformities. Conduct root cause investigations, determine corrective action, and verify effectiveness
- Develop internal audits to ensure compliance with applicable standards / regulatory requirements
- Represent the Quality Department in a variety of quality improvement areas such as the cost reduction projects, Material Review Board, and continuous improvement
What your background should look like:
- Must be U.S. citizen or green card holder
- Apply knowledge of QA Tools e.g. APQP, FMEA, GD&T, PPAP, and SPC
- Six Sigma Green Belt experience is plus
- Familiar with formal quality system assessments (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485)
- Broad Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and related statistical tools and techniques
- Excellent technical procedure writing skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Good organization, verbal, writing and listening skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and to drive product quality
- Good communicator and customer friendly. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project & PPT)
- Computer skills with inventory and manufacturing software, order processing systems, spreadsheets and word processors.
- Up to 25% travel with possible international travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4 year degree or Masters degree preferred
- 3-4 years experience
- ASQ Certification a plus