STAFF FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering Teams work intimately with customers to recommend products and solutions for new and existing applications. They identify new applications, requirement modifications and enhancements to meet customer specifications and conduct on-site installation and service of product and are responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle for potential application of company products to meet customer needs, including identifying opportunities; determining solutions; creating demand; preparing detailed product specifications and technical marketing support; ensuring high quality and timely project execution and conducting follow-up technical support. They also approve operational quality of systems and equipment.
As a leader in the Commercial Air and Military markets, AD&M is searching for a driven and goal-oriented Field Application Engineer (FAE) with strong technical and sales skills. The position helps grow our business with aerospace/defense customers and reports to the Americas FAE Manager.
- Become the application expert to identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications while promoting TE’s technical and technology portfolio.
- Understand the customer’s strategy and technology roadmap, the market, competition, and trends and apply this knowledge to customer solutions by developing a comprehensive application market share gain strategy
- Develop a network of contacts within customer organization (e.g. Engineering, Project Management, Product Management, R&D etc.) to enhance cooperation with customer and become a trusted partner.
- Identify sales and business opportunities to grow the project pipeline in line with the product and technology roadmap.
- Execute conversion of the project opportunity pipeline into wins.
- Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g. product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with other relevant TE personnel (product management, pricing, etc.)
- Support delivery of product modeling, samples, and design verification activities to customer in agreed timeframes.
- Provide high quality customer support, consulting services and advice on all technical-related topics concerning TE products.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering - and a minimum 8 years’ related experience
- Valid driver’s license, required
- Previous experience in technical sales, preferred
- Strong knowledge of CAD systems, preferred
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). You must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: 110K - 140K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets