SHIPPER / RECEIVER TEAM LEADER III
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Shipping & Receiving Teams perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. They use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. They follow shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. The Shipping & Receiving Teams receive incoming materials and prepare materials for shipment. They process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. They also route merchandise to destinations. They are responsible for the shift safety, uptime, quality, waste, rate, and cost performance of the asset / Team. They are responsible for leading and directing his/her team to perform their assigned job duties, adhere to basic expectations, and rigorous execution of JSAs, SOPS, 5S, and systems. The team leader will facilitate resolution of gaps found in these areas and will involve other areas as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely operate all equipment needed to perform job
- Ensure all tasks are performed in a safe manner. Responsible for the safe performance of his/her team members.
- Participation in and active, positive promotion of all safety initiatives including safety gembas, and committees.
- Utilize process data and other data to effectively solve problems as they arise.
- Partnering with Shift Supervisor to build a positive engagement and a culture of safety, inclusion and continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational procedures and controls to ensure product meets customer required and recognized quality standards. Be an active participant in the PIM process
- Ensure team members are following JSAs and will confront any unsafe acts observed as well as give positive feedback
- Prepare and analyze reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Coordinate, review and communicate customer specifications/changes.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives for the Safety, Quality, Logistics, Process, and Operations teams.
- Help to resolve conflicts among team members and refer issues to higher authority when needed.
- Assist Supervisors and Management in understanding training and development needs for team members, as well as help execute the development of individuals
- Understand and help positively communicate changes in business situations, production schedules, and company policies.
- Responsible for presenting his/her team’s results in meetings. This includes being able to explain what happened to drive downtime, waste, quality, rate, and other occurrences as well as how to prevent these occurrences in the future.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork and data entry including but not limited to production and downtime reports, incident reports and the distribution of specifications.
- Responsible for safety, product, process, and compliance audits; training of new team members; and team member certifications and recertifications.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers as well as peers and to solve problems and enhance capabilities of the team
- Provide the Supervisor with relevant information and data for performance reviews, conflict resolution, training and development, and potential challenges or opportunities as identified.
- Assist operators and coordinate trouble-shooting activities. Refer to Engineering for root-cause solutions to recurring problems.
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Internal Operator Certification
- 3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Personal computers with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Windows, and Word.
- Supervisory experience preferred
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets