ASSEMBLY OPERATOR II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
To be fully trained and to follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Operation Descriptions (OD’s) in order to produce high quality products in a timely fashion through the performance of various assembly, testing and labeling operations for both relays and sockets. These operations are typically performed using various manual, semi-automatic and automatic assembly equipment. Usually reports to a Lead person or Supervisor.
- Hand loading/unloading parts and subassemblies into/from assembly fixtures
- Simple operation of semi-automatic and automatic assembly equipment.
- Single subassembly of small parts
- Spot welding of small parts
- Simple adjusting of relay parts
- Ultrasonic cleaning of relays and relay parts
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Hand tools
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Labeling Machines
- Testing Equipment
Other Duties May Include:
- Simple quality measurements and recordkeeping
- Other related duties as necessary
What your background should look like:
- Min. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Strong visual acuity
- Good manual dexterity
- Basic English communications skills (speaking, reading, writing)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to either sit or stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel objects, tools, or controls and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required bend or stoop, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $36,100 – 54,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets